The Role of the Education
(Formerly School Improvement Division)
The Education Transformation Division (ETD), aims to be the "Champion of all Learners" by:
- Promoting lifelong learning
- Securing sustained improvement in quality and standards
- Promoting inclusion.
A key role of ETD is to ensure that:
- Staffordshire Local Authority carries out its statutory responsibilities to secure sustained improvement of standards of attainment and progress in schools and in relation to schools causing concern.
- The core responsibilities in relation to monitoring, challenging and supporting and intervening are carried out to the highest standard.
- The highest standards of pupil attainment and achievement through learning, teaching the curriculum, leadership, management and governance are supported and promoted.
The Education Transformation Division's Delivery Plan has 3 major Strategies:
- The Primary Strategy
- The Secondary Strategy
- The Workforce Development Strategy.
In addition, there is a Staffordshire Improvement through Intervention Strategy available below:
Staffordshire School Improvement Strategy (225kb)
Back to top