Targeted Support Services
The range of services listed below have been identified as providing valuable intervention programmes/support for specific issues experienced by children and young people.
Services within Staffordshire County Council
Families First is a new way of working that brings together the full range of county council professionals that help children, young people or their families. It involves:
- People with different skills working together in local teams built around the needs of children, young people and families
- Spotting and meeting any unmet needs (physical; emotional; social; psychological and environmental) as early as possible.
Special Educational Needs - provides help for schools to support children and young people. They offer help and advice about:-
- Long-term special educational needs
- Specific short-term difficulties
Concerns about the attendance or welfare of a pupil
Children at risk of exclusion
Approaches to teaching children with SEN
Parent Partnership - helps develop closer links and better communication between families and all involved with their child. This could include schools, the local authority, voluntary organisations and other professionals involved with a child who may have a special educational need.
Children and Family Services - are available to help all children and families, however the service is mainly for:-
- families needing help to bring up their children
- children and young people with mental health needs or emotional or behavioural problems
- children and young people with disabilities
- children at risk of abuse or neglect
- children and young people at risk of, or involved in criminal behaviour
Welfare Service - provides advice and support on a range of issues including attendance, exclusion, free school meals and employment of children.
These organisations work on behalf of Staffordshire County Council to provide support services.
T3 - Provides services for young people aged 10-19 wanting to reduce or abstain from alcohol or drugs. Mainly provides one-to-one structured support, with some group work. Mobile service, offering appointments at the office, in local schools, youth centres and venues frequented by young people. Drug awareness and harm minimisation education. T3 work jointly with Barnardo's to support families.
Telephone: 01785 241393
Other Public Sector Organisations
The Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service - provide a number of intervention and support programs for identified young people as part of their risk reduction programme.
Relate offers advice, relationship counselling, workshops, mediation, consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through their website.
Barnardos is a national charity who support families with a variety of issues. They will provide support to parents/carers and family members affected by a young person's drug and alcohol use. Email SMART@barnardos.org.uk Phone: 01827 286 643
*Staffordshire County Council is not responsible for the content on external web sites
Back to top