In Staffordshire you should apply directly to schools for their vacancies advertised.
When applying to a school vacancy the school will manage the administration of the recruitment process. The vacancy advertised will state how you should apply for the position and how additional information can be sourced.The Application Pack:
This pack is usually downloadable from the Schools Recruitment Service website or Staffordshire web, dependant on where the position is advertised. Alternatively contact details are often included in the advertisement to gain further information. Within this pack you will find general application information, an application form, person specification and a job description.
Application form - You must complete an application form to apply for a specific vacancy, (CV's cannot be considered on their own).
Person Specification -The person specification outlines the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications, which are either essential or desirable.
Job Description- The job description lists the key responsibilities of the post.
Supporting Statement/ Letter of Application - The application forms, either County Council or Schools Recruitment Service ask you to write a supporting statement. The school may detail, in the accompanying information, a subject for you to discuss in this area of the form. On completing this section you should ensure that you demonstrate how you meet the criteria laid out on the person specification within your supporting statement. Please ensure you return this document with your completed application form.
Workforce Monitoring form - To aid Staffordshire County Council in its commitment to Equal Opportunities we ask all applicants to Staffordshire to complete the workforce monitoring form.
General Hints and Tips:
Back to top
- Remember you will be selected for interview on the basis of your application form and supporting information. It is therefore essential that you read the job description and person specification very carefully, and match your information to it. This is crucial in enabling us to shortlist.
- If you can supply contact numbers and email addresses for your referees this will assist us greatly.
- Please keep free any interview date given, as it is not normally possible to re-arrange an interview.
- Please make sure you return/ submit your application form by the closing date. No applications can be accepted once short listing for the vacancy has begun. After the closing date, shortlisting will commence.
- If we haven't contacted you within 28 days of the closing date you can assume that this time your application has been unsuccessful.
- Any part of our recruitment pack i.e. application form, job description, person specification or guidance notes are available in alternative formats on request.