- All schools can relate their overall purpose and values to their work for Community Cohesion.
- Community Cohesion permeates all teaching and learning.
- There is a close bond between the quality of Citizenship learning and teaching and an effective contribution to Community Cohesion.
- There is a potentially immense range of learning and teaching activity which will contribute to community cohesion. All school initiatives and projects are to be encouraged, explored and shared.
The role of Education Transformation
ET`s role is to support and challenge all schools and settings to promote Community Cohesion.
The County Council will therefore maintain an active working group that will seek to put into practice the following policy elements:
Back to top
- Liaise effectively and regularly with other partners within the county council
- Provide to schools, through a variety of means, relevant information, advice and guidance
- Promote and support, as appropriate, training events and programmes for the school workforce
- Identify and disseminate aspects of good proven practice
- Ensure high levels of awareness and insight amongst staff.
- Through a range of internal QA procedures, monitor the effectiveness of our support to schools and settings
- Liaise effectively and regularly with a range of appropriate external agencies locally and nationally
- Ensure that (in relation to the promotion of community cohesion) all Staffordshire County Council`s own practices, policies and initiatives reflect
- D of E guidance
- statutory requirements
- county council policies
- case studies