The New Staffordshire Learning Net - Guide to the Secure Content Areas
Please Note: Not all these areas will be open to all authorised users. Some are restricted to people in particular roles or business areas. If you think you should have access to an area that you cannot currently see, please contact your account administrator. For school staff, this will be your Headteacher or their nominee.
1. Business Units
Note: this area is not visible to school accounts. It is used by staff in the Directorate's Business Units to share information and resources within their own section
- County Psychological Service.
This gives public access to the Schools Directory. The Staff Phone Directory is also in this channel, and is only available to authorised users
3. Procedures and Guidance
The LEA Procedures from the Staffordshire Learning Intranet (SLI) have been moved to this area. Some items from the old site that were not procedures have been taken off and moved to relevant new areas (e.g. health and safety info bulletins have moved from Procedures to Health and Safety in the School Administration and Management area). Links have been provided to the new areas where this has happened.
The structure has changed - the old site was ordered by Business Unit, the new one is by function. The A- Z Index lists procedures by title.
4. School Administration and Management
This area provides some public content, together with secure areas for authorised users. It contains resources and guidance for all those involved in the leadership and running of the school.
It is also the main area for all the school specific information - geared to the school office. The LEA Information to Schools news (the "Blue Bag" information) will be published in this area. (Specific news for Bursars or finance staff will be on the Finance home-page, and other areas also have the facility to include news on their own areas)
The full navigation for the second level of this channel is shown in Annex 1
5. Staff Room
This area is for school staff to find guidance to help them in their careers.
The channels here at present are:
- CPD - this provides a link to the LEA training portfolio.
- Job Evaluation
6. Swap Shop
Annex 1 - School Administration and Management - Second Level Navigation
- Buildings and Land. This area contains information from the Schools Property Unit
- Data Analysis - ERA. At present this links back to the existing SLI site.
- Finance. The home page of this area contains news for bursars. The channels in this area are:
- SAP Creditors List
- Absence Codes
- Bursar Networking Meetings
- Code List
- Contact Info
- Data Store (link to Data Store - Financial Reports)
- External Funding
- Fly Sheet for School Tabs
- Regulations and Procedures
- School Budget Pack. This is a link back to the SLI
- Useful links
- Health and Safety. This is a public area, and contains information for schools and central staff.
- HR / Payroll. The new Absence returns application for Headteachers and Bursars is in this channel, together with guidance, payroll schedule and a link to School Organization and Structure Build
- ICT Support. Some of the channels in this area are open to the public, others are only visible to authorised users. The channels are:
- Fault report - to log problems with hardware
- Admin IT Support
- ICT Support for Schools
- Laptops for Teachers
- Preferred list
- Pupil Database
- Quality of Service Questionnaire
- SIMS Advisory
- LEA Info for Schools - the main news area.
- Planning of School Places. This is a public area. It contains the School Organization Plan and the Planning Obligations Policy
- Resource Management. This links to the Resource Management procedures
- School Libraries. This is a public area, linking to the information on the Staffordshire Web
- Specialist Schools. This is a public area, with information for and about specialist schools, and those considering applying for specialist school status
- School Travel Plan. This area contains information about school travel plans, and links to the 2004 - 2005 return forms for school travel and safer routes.
- Workforce Remodelling. This area has been developed to give headteachers, teachers, support staff and governors access to information and support strategies to aid them in the implementation of the remodelling agenda
Back to top